# mmm mmmm # m " # #" "# # m" m"""# # # #"# "mm"# "#m"# # "m m # "" "A whale ship was my Yale College and my Harvard." -Melville
where: rural south (U.S.) email: email@example.com chat: @horsenettle:matrix.org landline: 859.986.5443
1 Jan 2021: New chat handle.
Recent projects2020 Oct - Community health responder education
- I designed and co-taught a socially-distanced, in-person 20 hour medic training to 32 students in rural Wisconsin.
- Medical Emissaries of Chicago hosted the training, with help from Chicago Action Medical and members of Ujimaa Medics and CHARM.
- I edit Street Safety, a screenreader-compatible book of resources for protesters
- I wrote The Unremarkable Deaths of Social Distancing in April.
- From 2015 but relevant: A Political Medicine: Trust and Power in the Ferguson Uprising (pdf).
- Corrected transcript (pdf) of my Syria talk at 2020 Telos Paul Piccone Conference.
- Video of the panel (my talk starts at 30 minute mark): Parallel Session 3: "Models of Mutual Aid".
- Video of my internship talk at 2019 Entrepreneurship for the Public Good Directed Field Experience Presentation: "More Guts Than Talent".